Monday, July 14, 2008

They were cute from far away

Today was crazy, morning to night. I am really really tired, so I will make this quick. We went to Hermanus, a smaller town about an hour and a half away from Cape Town, to visit a township and then to go whale watching. That's right, whale watching.

At the township we went on a tour, but, keeping in line with my ethics, didn't take pictures. However, that's not all we did. We got to go to a preschool and play with the kids. We had the option to play with them outside, draw inside, or cook. I cooked. Sorry, as much as I love my own family's children, I don't really like them. O well. I took so me pictures of the rest of the gang getting attacked by the kids. They really are . . . excited. They were cute though, but from far away, behind the wall of the kitchen. :)

Some of "the guys" getting "attacked" by the children


My Friend, Bobbi, Drawing with the Children



After the preschool, we went whale watching for Southern Right whales. It was okay; we only saw about 6 whales and none of them came very close to us, so we didn't get a very good deal. LAME. They are actually kind of ugly, since they have these gross barnacles all over their faces, looks like gross cottage cheese STI stuff. One thing I learned about them: they have two blow holes, so when they blow it looks like a "V." Cool WHHIP! Like the children, they were cute from far away.

A Southern Right, right!

5 comments:

Michaela said...

OMG I love whale watching! I dream about see all whales in all oceans. I really want a close encounter whale experience where one swims underneath the small boat and then jumps and flips or something. I went orca watching in Seattle but we couldn't get very close because we took a huge econo boat. But orcas are just too cute close and far away.

i miss chewy said...

your so lucky chewy im glad ur doing all these cool things u deserve them all and more. remember work hard in everything u do. love u cant wait for ur arival

Raine said...

I, too, think children are cuter from a distance. And I can't believe you said "cool whhhip" in your blog.

Jeanasays said...

Your blog makes me smile! My advise beware of the little children...approach slowly and don't make any sudden movements. Or maybe that's around wild animals. Continue to have an amazing time!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jesus that sounds amazing. I'm so jealous. I miss you. I'm sitting in the Tea Garden doing paperwork and couldn't help but think of all those wonderful study dates we've had. I can't wait to see you. Keep having a wonderful time :)

Nikki